Team de la SeX°ion[FR] Index du Forum
Team de la SeX°ion[FR]
Forum destiné exclusivement aux membres du clan SeX°ion[FR], étant joueurs sur le jeu Crossfire.

Team de la SeX°ion[FR] Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion
:: Pumpkinflowers A Soldiers Story Of A Forgotten War ::

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Team de la SeX°ion[FR] Index du Forum -> [ LE FORUM ] -> Pause café
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
pekeiben
Membre V.I.P
Membre V.I.P

MessagePosté le: Mar 4 Juil - 18:26 (2017)    Sujet du message: Pumpkinflowers A Soldiers Story Of A Forgotten War Répondre en citant

<P<B&ldquo;A book about young men transformed by war, written by a veteran whose dazzling literary gifts gripped my attention from the first page to the last.&rdquo;[/B] &mdash;<B<IThe Wall Street Journal [/I][/B]<BR /><BR /><B&ldquo;Friedman&rsquo;s sober and striking new memoir . . . [is] on a par with Tim O&rsquo;Brien&rsquo;s <IThe Things They Carried[/I] -- its Israeli analog.&rdquo;[/B] &mdash;<B<IThe New York Times Book Review[/I][/B]<BR /><BR /> It was just one small hilltop in a small, unnamed war in the late 1990s, but it would send out ripples that are still felt worldwide today. The hill, in Lebanon, was called the Pumpkin; <Iflowers[/I] was the military code word for &ldquo;casualties.&rdquo; Award-winning writer Matti Friedman re-creates the harrowing experience of a band of young Israeli soldiers charged with holding this remote outpost, a task that would change them forever, wound the country in ways large and small, and foreshadow the unwinnable conflicts the United States would soon confront in Afghanistan, Iraq, and elsewhere.

<BR /><IPumpkinflowers[/I] is a reckoning by one of those young soldiers now grown into a remarkable writer. Part memoir, part reportage, part history, Friedman&rsquo;s powerful narrative captures the birth of today&rsquo;s chaotic Middle East and the rise of a twenty-first-century type of war in which there is never a clear victor and media images can be as important as the battle itself.<BR /><BR /> Raw and beautifully rendered, <IPumpkinflowers[/I] will take its place among classic war narratives by George Orwell, Philip Caputo, and Tim O&rsquo;Brien. It is an unflinching look at the way we conduct war today.

Pumpkinflowers: A Soldier's Story of a Forgotten War Matti Friedman

48a4f088c3

White+Shaka+Boy%3A+A+Brooklyn+Boy+Discovers+His+Royal+African+HeritageThe Flame - Volume 1: Gwandanaland Comics #230 --- Exciting Golden Age Comic Action -- This Book: From Wonderworld Comics #3-27, 29-30, 31-32Anti-genocide Activists and the Responsibility to Protect (Routledge Humanitarian Studies)Witness for the AccusedDiccionario Universal de Historia y de Geografia, Vol. 5: Contiene Historia Propiamente Dicha, Biografia Universal, Mitologia, Geografia Antigua y Moderna (Classic Reprint) (Spanish Edition)Memoirs of the Rev. Ammi Rogers, A. M., A Clergyman of the Episcopal Church, Educated at Yale College in Connecticut, Ordained in Trinity Church in ... Account of Religion and Politics, for AlmosHome at LastSuperhero Georgia: A 6 x 9 Lined Journal NotebookCuriosities of Glass Making: With Details of the Processes and Productions of Ancient and Modern Ornamental Glass ManufactureLurcher Diets Matter: Raw Dog Food Recipes, Blank Recipe Cookbook, 7 x 10, 100 Blank Recipe Pages Dartan Creations

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mar 4 Juil - 18:26 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Team de la SeX°ion[FR] Index du Forum -> [ LE FORUM ] -> Pause café Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
onyx © theme by larme d'ange 2006